Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's the 4th of July





So it's been awhile since I've posted.....not alot has been happening, but this past holiday weekend we were busy, busy, busy!!! The festivities began Friday when our friends the Helms from Charlotte came to visit. They went to school with Paul and I at Appalachian, but Chelsea and I met working at a summer camp that we both did for about 3 years! They were married the June before Paul and I got married in December and they had their first child, Addie Grace on August 7Th, a week before Cam made his big debut! They came up to visit and we had such a fun time. We had my mom come and babysit the kiddos Friday night so we could have some "adult time" and we went out for a nice dinner and drinks! Then Saturday came and before they headed back to Charlotte we went to the Blowing Rock parade. Then we said goodbye and our friends headed home.

Then we had about a 2 hour break before we got ready and headed to another set of friends house to enjoy a cookout and fireworks. We had alot of fun, and Cam got to play with his BFF Stella whom he loves very much. He also got some quality time with our friends his aunt Jamie and uncle T and aunt Ashley and Uncle Daniel. He is one loved little boy, and I must say that it warms my heart to have my friends care so much about our precious Cam!

After those festivities, we woke up the next morning and headed to church, and then that evening just had some quiet family time, and rested up for Monday, the actual 4th. Monday, we went to the Boone parade, and then last night finished our day with the Bethel Blast. This is a regular 4th of July event that has free food, good music, and a wonderful fireworks display! We went with our friends Ashley and Daniel and their baby Stella, and we had a wonderful time. Cam loved the fireworks and even though he won't remember it, it made a wonderful memory for Paul and I.

Now it's Tuesday and we are resting up because the rest of the week brings more chaos. On Thursday Cam is getting Tubes in his ears, so we are heading down to Winston tomorrow so that we can see the Dr. and be there bright and early Thursday morning for what will hopefully be a very uneventful procedure. One of many I'm sure my sweet boy will need to have! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th and please say a prayer this week for my sweet boy on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment