Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer is here


Well yesterday was going to be the big day.....Cam's first finger separation surgery, but Cam has different plans, instead he decided he would catch a cold and put off that pesky surgery until another day. So for now we are waiting to here when that new day will be and trying to enjoy our summer. Cam got a new swimming pool, and although I can't say he loves it, he definitely doesn't mind it, and may even like it a little. We have also gotten a visit from Cam's grandparents from Florida(YaYa and Grandaddy) who he loves!!! They came up this past weekend and although we skype with them pretty regularly Cam needed a little bit of time to warm up, but once he did he was in heaven....being spoiled and held and loved! On Saturday he even got to take his first trip away from the house without mommy to the store with YaYa and Grandaddy while mommy and daddy went out and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was a perfect weekend that ended Monday morning when we said goodbye to the grandparents as they headed back down the Florida. But we can't wait to see them again...hopefully very soon, and maybe even at their house!!

So I have some goals that I would like to accomplish this summer....They are as follows:

1.I want/need to get Cams first hand surgery over with.
2.Cam needs Ear tubes
3.I want Cam to learn to crawl
4.Go on a vacation
5.loose 15 pounds
6.Get my house painted
7.Plan an amazing going away party for my dad before he leaves for Iraq
8.Get a jogging stroller
9.Plan a huge 1st birthday party for my sweet Camster
10. Not have any unexpected medical emergencies with Cam...I need him healthy and happy!!!!
11.Get a tattoo
12.Maybe consider having another baby at some point in time....MAYBE!!

I look at this list and am in awe at how it has changed from what my list would have looked like years ago, before Cam.....not so many surgeries...:) But I feel blessed that Cameron is with us, that he is healthy(aside from his pesky cold) and that he brings so much joy to my life. Do I feel challenged on a daily basis...ABSOLUTLEY...Do I still have bad days...DEFINITELY.....Do I still question God sometimes....HECK YES, But at the end of the day I get to kiss goodnight the sweetest blue eyed boy I know, and for that time and for right now I'm grateful. So here is to a hopeful summer full of beautiful weather, wonderful friends, and hopefully some fingers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment