Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sick Sick Sick......


Well for the past week and a half my little fun, easy going, little Camster has been a little under the weather. It started a few weeks ago with an ear infection, then last Wednesday we went into the Dr. for Cam's 9 month routine check, and found out that his ears were apparently still infected, so another round of antibiotics were prescribed. Then the very next day Cam developed a nasty runny nose and lots of congestion. This has happened before, and it stinks. It never goes the same way twice, and this time has been hard!! Cam didn't want to eat because he couldn't' breath, and well I was stressed because of his surgery that we had planned, but then we found out that he needed to be virus free for 3 good weeks prior to a surgery so no surgery for Cam....so then I was really stressed!!!

Cam continued to stay pretty sick throughout the weekend after last Wednesday so I took him to the Dr. on Saturday where he was hooked up with some steroids for his cough and an order to stay on the antibiotics. So after about four days and a trip to the ENT and pulmonologist the cough started to calm down. The ENT did say that he would probably need tubes but in reality she couldn't really even see his ear drum because his canals are so small, so she isn't sure why the pediatrician is so certain he has an ear infection because she knows they can't really see anything.....I kinda wonder that now too. Anyway, so she suggest we give him some allergy medicine along with Afrin for a couple of days. The allergy medicine we are still on but the afrin we are taking a break from so that we don't become dependent.

Well after one heck of a week with my sick little boy, he is finally started to make some forward progress. He is eating a little better, and smiling....a big thing for me, because when he doesn't smile it just isn't him and I can't stand it when he's not feeling well. He still has a pesky runny nose and a bit of a cough, but not as horrible and definitely not causing him as much distress. All I can say is I HATE SICKNESS!! It's bad enough our kiddos have to go through horrific surgeries and that they have to work hard to breath when they aren't pouring snot, but add a respiratory virus to the mix and it just causes so much unneeded stress, and quite frankly I don't think it's fair. But from what I hear these pesky colds get better as kiddos with Cam's syndrome get older, so I'm definitely looking forward to that :) For now I would just love some prayers for a healthy Cam so that we can start planning on this hand surgery so that we can get it over with and move on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment